Friday, June 16, 2006



Sorry it's taking so long between posts. When your studying animation, it somewhat limits the time you have for artwork. Final Fantasy nine has always been my favorite; although to be fair I haven't played most of the others all the way through, but that just means the others didn't pull me in. Zidane was refreshingly red-blooded and upbeat about his troubled life, as opposed to the brooding whiners cloud or squall. Plus I loved the more whimsical silly nature of this one, which I don't think brought down the drama. If anything it at least made the very archetypal characters easier to grow attached to, so at least when the predictable moments arrived, you are are least looking forward to them.

If I was going to cast voices fro them, Zidane would be Rob Paulson (Animaniacs, Coconut Fred) with a spanish accent and Eicko would be Tress Harnell. I don't know about voices for the rest, but Steiner would have an austrian accent, Garnet Brittish, Freya French, Quina Mandarin, and Vivi African American. Despite his cool design, I would probably just leave Amarent out entirely; he wasn't that interesting.

4 comments:

SAL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SAL said...

Love your stuff Will

Sean Covernton said...

hah! Black mage rules! Do you read 8-bit theatre?

-Sean

Sean said...

Will, this pic is entirely awesome. You're the only other person I know who's favourite Final Fantasy is number IX.