Saturday, July 08, 2006



Annanda's cousins. I thought it would be a funny way to get across a sense of discomfort for a fat girl to reunite with her astranged family, only to see that every single one of them are waifs. I gabe them large noses and overbites so more fun could be had with them and to avoid the socialite scenario the fairies were starting to develop; Anne still needs to be the pretty one of the group. I was scared when I was working out the fat/skinny thing it would come across as some degrassi high episode, so by not making the skinny girls perfect snobs, hopefully I can keep the story from getting off topic without having to lose the gag.

Elephant March Hotel © 2006 William Bradford

6 comments:

Meg Shaw said...

good god! you've been busy!
It's great to see how you're developing your stories. The characters (and bgs) have so much appeal.

Michael Gushulak said...

only to see that every single one of them are waifs

Not to be pedantic, but I think the word you want is sylphs.

Lovely work you've got going here, Will. I dare say it's something by which another artist may measure himself with profit.

elephantmarchblog said...

Thanks Micheal, and Megan. I just looked up sylph. Yes that would work to. I thought waif was another discription of an absurdly skinny person. Maybe I spelled it wrong.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»