Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Land Of Oz



I apologize for having nothing but rough sketches lately. An animation job has a significant effect on your time for personal projects. As I write this sentence it is 2:30 in the morning, and I have a huge deadline in two days.

Anyway, this is from the second oz book, where they try to find the true succesor to the throne of the emearald city. The stories were, as it turns out, polictical propeganda. I'm working on the villains of this book; an army of women who invade oz and cause it to go to seed by putting the men in the home. Anti-womens lib commentary from the early twentieth century, perhaps?

5 comments:

Kevy Metal said...

Great work!

Andrew Shek said...

the top image is great, that pumpkin guy and wooden horse are amazing!

SAL said...

I could probably come up with a few new sketches if I stayed up until 2am as well. Alas, I tend to go to bed around 11pm like a chump.

elephantmarchblog said...

11? Lazy Bum....


Thanks Andrew; I guess the bottom one was a little rushed, I'll revise it when I have a some time to spare.

ape-74 said...

I'm a sucker for anything with a pumpkin for a head.

Grand.