Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Nome King



The Nome king from the third book. Unforetunatley of lost enough interest to read any of the other books of the series, it's already gotten a bit repetitive. Anyway, I didn't want the nome to look overly menacing, but rather demure looking. It was somewhat inspired by Davy Jones from the sequel to Pirates, when he takes the pronounced puff of his pipe. My interpretation of the king is that he has so much clout and is so confident in his victory that he plays games with his opponents, giving them a sporting chance.

Below are just some rough sketches of my designs of some witch and warlock eye candy. I liked the roughs so much I didn't want to go over them again. Female witches have the pointy ears, and male witches (warlocks), have hooves. The females have slightly less difficulty blending in...

3 comments:

Meg Shaw said...

oooooo...pretty. Me likes. Very creative!

justinpatrickparpan said...

Fine work as always! The OZ illustration below is my favorite so far. You have a really swell style man.

Sean Covernton said...

Remember the second Oz movie? Return to Oz that was made by Warner Bros instead of MGM? I remember it scaring the hell out of me as a kid. I bought the VHS a few years ago and I was right to be terrified! Those heads are damned eerie! Now let's see some damn Wheelers!