Thursday, August 31, 2006

TikTok and the Wheelers


More rough sketches....

I didn't forget the bear, colton, I'm still working on it. In the book and in the movie, Tick tock was a brawny, roly fellow. But in the old carton I rememberred from when I was a kid he was a little, diminuitive thing with a self-important thinking mechanism, so thats probably where I got this design from. The wheelers are pretty much the same as in the movie, although in the book they are so imposing and obscene because they now if people weren't intimidated by then they'd realize they had no able limbs to fight with and were in fact harmless.

8 comments:

Jarrett said...

Wow, this is wicked. Really nicely done, man. Those wheely dudes were creepy... especially when they fell and turned to sand.

GhettoFab said...

wow! these are fantastic!!! bookmarked and will enjoy comin here. awesome design work and blog!

MadameGaston said...

awesome... that is one creepy fella...

justinpatrickparpan said...

The Wheelers gave me nightmares when I was a kid. Youve really captured that. Nice work!

Chris Graf said...

great designs...those wheelers scream to be animated. and they're soo freaky in the movie. nice stuff dude

Sean Covernton said...

Yeah! That's what I'm talk'n about!

Tried to call you at work today but nobody was home =P

Meg Shaw said...

Amazing work! I love how you push shapes.

eel bog said...

hoy crap! the wheelers use to scare the hell out of me as a child!
awesome designs.