Sunday, November 26, 2006

peter and the wolf








Made changes to the farm shot, based on suggestions, any better?

I seem to be on a snow thing right now. Just watched peter and the wolf again (and a trailer for a stop motion version, which influenced this peter somewhat). Of course today I think our sympathy would be with the wolf. Not that the original stories all the inhumane actually: Peter simply ties the wolf to a tree and stops the hunters from shooting it: the wolf is simply taken to a zoo. If it were made today, they'd probably take the wolf and relocate it up in the mountains far from the farms and livestock it was growing too accustomed to. The danger of wolves has certanly been exagerated, but it's quite plausable for one to be a threat to farm pets and a small boy.

22 comments:

Jesus Lopez said...

Hello!
Very nice works!
This picture is GREAT!.
Thanks for visit my blog.

Goobeetsablog said...

nice work.
that top image is wonderful.

Martin Hsu said...

peter and the wolf is really awesome! I love the silouette of the wolf and the exaggeration of the characters! Strong!

chris chua said...

OOO... sweet:) I'm a huge peter and the wolf fan and this is such a fun piece. Keep posting more, please.

Jo Bling said...

The stopmotion PETER was shown at the Bradford Animation festival in the UK last week, and went down fabulously well, very well received. These are lovely designs in their own right, tho, William - I likes 'em!

C

Ben Reynolds said...

Ya. That Peter and the Wolf is amazing..Love the design of Peter...love how there are no lines really. Just really really nice man...keep it up.

Alina Chau said...

AWESOME!!!

Rick Capistrano said...

thats fantastic will. I like the duck best.

mr paul said...

MMh freezing!

Todd Harris said...

man, really like the peter and the wolf. great job on these.

barbarella said...

oh god!loved the first one!peter and the wolf is an awsome story!
great work as always!;D

R.A. MacNeil said...

Cool man. I especially like the design of the duck and wolf in the peter and the wolf one.

-Ryan

MutantKitten said...

Heya! Thanks for checking out my blog :) Geeze, your entire blog is full of awesome! I'll be checking back!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Really sweet work !!

sebhary said...

Thanks for visit my blog! I really like your style! specially the wolf illustration! Continu doing your best! (sorry for my english^^)

Druie said...

really awesome style for your illustrations u have here!!

christian said...

This is great work,very well executed.

Ryan said...

Hey great stuff! I love that duck!

marcobucci said...

Wow, love the look of that top one!

macaronni said...

Alright Will, now all you need to do is to make this into a film!

Start animating!! :P

Enrique Fernandez said...

I love that Peter and the Wolf pic, great style (as we see on the entire blog, of course)

bsleven said...

Wow I really like your "Peter and the Wolf" piece.
: )