Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm alive




(Just fixed the dead links today....)

Sorry, sorry, I know it's been a while. My moniter got fried in a power outage And
I've since been trying to get a new one through my damn warranty. Had to mooch off my scanner at work. Hopefully there's a months worth of work here...



In the absence of my computer I've been trying to take up waterpaint. It is not a forgiving medium, but not doubt I'm preaching to the choir.

The fish one is a present for my grandfather: these are based on his latest aquarium fish. The other two are charicatures of my grandmother in her young beauty and pre-senility. These are my first attempts in waterpainting in over a year, so any critizisms would be well received.

Remember the koala? These are his costars. All the humans a charicatures of loved ones, except the zoo keepers.


For this last one, I dunno, I wanted to do something really cute to a degree of eeriness at the same time. Like that chobits thing, in retropspect. Anime can have its attractive moments, despite widespread animation beliefs. That is, when lecharous invertibrates aren't involved (yech).

Hopefully this makes up for a months absense....Now I'm off to the farm for a week's holidays

8 comments:

Goobeetsablog said...

great stuff.

wonderful variety of shapes
Happy Holidays to you!

-brian

Joanna said...

Love the color and specially the Asian girl with the big teeth. :D

Awesome caricatures!



balloon... yummy! heheheheh

elephantmarchblog said...

I can sense deep hosility in your voice. Seriously, your buck tooth is cute. merry X-mas

Andrew Shek said...

the very top goldfish is an amazing design....very nice

nice to see your watercolour progress as well.

Alina Chau said...

WOW!! AWESOME COOL set of illos!!

Sean Covernton said...

Any luck on your new moniter yet?

Tealin said...

I really like the variety of shapes you've got with the goldfish in the top one ... They're all so different yet they're all very goldfishy. Except the one at the bottom, of course. The caricatures are most amusing as well.

Mad Guru said...

What a fun variety of treatments and subjects in these pieces! I particularly like the page of assorted characters.