Sunday, January 21, 2007

Merman

Like Pyro with fire, the effeminant Merman can bend and manipulate water, but his formidability is dependant on how large a supply of water in near him. Roomates with new guy Whiplash and the slothenly Flex and Whiplash, Merman's clean, dress chic corner is a great contrast to the haphazard mess of the rest of his dormatory. Telletta and Seera had hoped his faustidousness would keep the other two in line; but between Flex's thick head and Whiplash's deviant obnoxiousness, Merman's voice of reason tends to fall on deaf ears.

Saw showboat a couple weeks ago, and noticed how I often had trouble keeping track of the characters. You know, the three handsome white guys, the three young white ladies, blah blah blah. I wanted to see if I could do a design for the main cast and see is I could make them unmistakable from on another. Whatcha think? "Old Man River's" probably my favorite song from any musical...

15 comments:

Tealin said...

Your Showboat lineup is FABULOUS. And I don't even know the show.

Mike Mac said...

Awsome stuff! Those character designs are so good!

Goobeetsablog said...

nice character line-up
lots of variety.

Ale said...

cool stuff ;)
that character on your picture profile remindes me of Aisling, the little fairy of Brendan and the secret of kells :) have you ever seen her?
and i loved that image of yoshi, i'm a big fan of 2d DS games!
keep it up,
ale

Alina Chau said...

AWESOME CHARACTER DESIGN!! BRILLIANT!

Ale said...

I agree with you, they are making really good things here in cartoon saloon. 'skunk fu' is supercool, i've been boarding some episodes last year and it was lots of fun!
and now i'm animating the little aisling ;) i love her too.
thanks for coming, man!

elephantmarchblog said...

That's amazing. I'd love to see some of the rough animation; she's such an endearing design, with her bewitching eyes and hair and the simply body. I know I a guy from my college who's boarding on it (i think he is, anyway), his name's Leo Ito. sound familiar. If so, tell him I said hi.

potato farm girl said...

These are neat, they all look very different! I feel cultured, I will have to rent this now.

Ale said...

of course I know Leo!! he's such a nice guy. he's boarding on skunk now.
anyway, i hope i can post some linetest, some day....;)

bsleven said...

I like the shapes you used in your Character line up.

Meg Shaw said...

Great designs Will!
Thanks again for coming to character design club tonight...it was very helpful. You should teach more.

macaronni said...

Nice cast lineup.

it's nice to see and be able to figure out who's who..

alf said...

Nice stuff man!
And thanks for your comment on my blog.

Jay D Smith said...

great stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Effeminant???