Monday, March 19, 2007

Horton hears a who

I wanted to do somthing (comparably) photo realistic, just to see if I could. I made several attempts at watercolor, but finally caved and did it in photoshop, arrggghhh!

It's based on one of my favorite Dr.Suess stories. I loved the design based on Horton that Chuck did, which I studied below. I like how the wrinkles on his ears and trunk frame his face.



I've been fairly preocupied all week, since my family visited vacouver for my 23rd birthday. I watched one of the high school teams my mom coaches. This was her star...

9 comments:

yums said...

Happy Birfday Will!!!!

Joanna said...

Wooooo! Happy Birthday, Will!

and your stuff is awesome!

mackaydesign said...

Thanks for your visit. You've got some great stuff here at your blog. Awesom character design, figure drawing, and personality. Oh, and it looks like it's your birthday so happy birthday!

tomm said...

still more nice stuff everytime i come back.

Goobeetsablog said...

nice studies.

Pat Pakula said...

incredible stuff, love it!

Megan Ferguson said...

i've never seen a more accusing kangaroo ! and such great pics of horton in the origonal style.

nice pic of the basketball girl - such great movement !

damn this blog is full of eyecandy !

Alina Chau said...

WOW!! YOu have so many beautiful awesome postings!! U ROCK!!

Sonja said...

The Horton Hears a Who post is awesome. I remember the part when the sour kangaroo was gunna dump that dust speck in the Beazle-Nut stew...