Sunday, April 08, 2007

Blo Zero

The last and most fomidable member of the Bot-Bot's. He'd most likely be leader of the four if he weren't so easily distracted by his pursuit for women. As red-blooded as he is frost breathed, Zero's hopeless fascination for the opposite sex is not unusual amongst his teamates: it's his sucess with them that makes him stand out.
And yes, I fully concede that his suit isn't that much different from Frozone's. There's nothing new under the sun with these heroes charicatures, so I might as well wear the inpiration on my sleeves.


This one is for my dad: I recently indulged in a book that he recomended, and this is a particular moment in it that he quoted in order to sell me on in. "The Song Of Kahunsha" by Anosh Irani: Bombay's answer to Oliver Twist.


More life drawings. I've been slowly trying to get comfortable with watercolors, so I've been seeing how I can play to get some textured backgrounds. If it's not working, please let me now....


My own animation's been slowing down my blog, so that's why I missed last week. Not to mention my animation at my job (mum's the word).

11 comments:

aaaokay said...

Wow. Some great illustrations you got here. The Mario Bros. ones are awesome.

Sean Covernton said...

I like how you're using the watercolours in these! Look'n great!

Bez-oy-in said...

Very nice work Will, I particularly like the little illustrationin the middle, it has a nice feel to it. Plus it sounds like an interesting story!

LĂȘA said...

inspirational stuff
(and nice girls!)

Goobeetsablog said...

nice.

the middle piece is excellent.

Joanna said...

nice color, shapes and design!!
Yummmmm...

Alina Chau said...

WOW!! Brilliant wonderful illos!

Jarrett said...

Great work, man. Haha, the angry guy got fired.. Damn those angry guys. DAME THEM >:( Sorry.. almost lost myself :|

Anyway, do you work as a designer as well at Bardel?

elephantmarchblog said...

Jarrett:
Animator, actually.

EMorisset said...

Wow ! really nice stuff here ! I love your sketches !

Bez-oy-in said...

Nice work Will!