Monday, April 16, 2007

More Final Fantasy designs











I know, I know, another obsession. These were never the best designs, but I still loved the characters. I still think this would be the best fodder for tv series. The characters are extrememly archetypal, but thats part of why I love them so much. It seems to me whenever western studios try to capture the charm of anime, they miss the point. I don't think it's got anything to do with the eyes or the hair or the "style"; it's the subject matter. There's a certan creativity and fearlessness that goes into there stuff, stuff I think we're too scared to do. I'm sure I'm alone on this, but i would love to animate a foppish, drag-queen villain (bottom, second from the right).

I didn't do as many of the main characters as I planned, but I just got hired to do some freelance concept art (which means I can't post any of it, ARRGGHHH) so I figured I'd finish up whatever I did to night and get it out of my system.

I know I put these up before, but I wanted to show a test I did with Zidane alongside these designs. This time on an actual video so people don't have to link to it. It landed me a job anyway. I think Rob Paulson would be perfect for Zidane...



10 comments:

macaronni said...

Nice animation dood.

Bobby Chiu said...

stellar redesigns. I'd watch it if it was it's own show

IZA said...

Great stuff, You're work rocks my SOCKS OFF!!!!!

dan szilagyi said...

good FF to pick too, that and 10 probably had some of the best design elements for any FF game.
great touch that you did

Andrew Shek said...

really nice animations

phc said...

hi william, congratulations i think that this work is awesome!!!

roby

crylic said...

crazy solid stuff man. awesome!

Serapio Calm said...

Truly amazing stuff! Especially the animation! Great work!

Alina Chau said...

AWESOME!

Alexei Martins said...

AMAZING design!!!!I love your style!!!

Ps:I need to do something with my favorite Final Fantasy!!!