Monday, May 14, 2007

the Phantom Tollbooth

Did a peice based on a book I read recently, which an old (and very low budget) animated feature from my childhood was based on. I hadn't seen it in years, but it slowly came back to me as I read the book. It's a very nice story, and it would be nice if a better movie was adapted from it in the future.... I would recommend the book for your children, it's quite inspiring and won't take long to read.


FYI, last week I left Chaotic to animate of Skunk Fu. Maxxor (Green guy), took it fairly well, but Chaor (red guy) made a bit of a scene. Sadly he confronted the deceptively cute Rabbit, who has a similar method for expressing his indignation. The Chaotic kids were upset too, but had trouble staying mad in the presence of Panda....

9 comments:

Bobby Pontillas said...

Awww great work!

macaronni said...

Cool, but you forgot the IRON BALLZ!! :P

elephantmarchblog said...

Yes, to those unfamiliar, Iron Balls is a Chaotic magic attack with an poorly thought through name. It actually makes sense the the fuzzy critters of Skunk Fu would have a physical advantage over the far more imposing beasts of Chaotic, because all the Chaotic behemoths seems to use to fight is obscure magic abilities (Actual fist cuffs are extremely rare).

phc said...

wow...wow..wow...and wow...i love these stuff...

roby

Anonymous said...

Hey William. I didn't get a chance to thank you for all of the amazing scenes you animated on Chaotic. Your a talented guy and I look forward to working with you on a show in the future. It's not the same without you around. Good luck and have fun animating Skunk.

-Todd

Ben Reynolds said...

Hey man cool illustrations!! Looks really great dude

potato farm girl said...

I loved that movie and book too! Hooray for Tock!

Goobeetsablog said...

WOW!
that is really wonderful.

tomm said...

so cool. wow.