Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dumbledore's army

The main heroic kids from the order of the Phoenix. I hope the Patil twins get a small nod in the final film, I've developed a soft spot for them.

This is the front of a card for a friend. He graduated not only from Capilano like me, but he's also one of my only friends from high school. A high school all the way in tiny Kimberly B.C. His birthday was fun; his girlfriend (the fairy) organised it all. She's another talented aritst who graduated from cap in his year.

And I decided to finnish up those Final Finasy IX cycles I was obsessing over. Its a silly obsession over something thats not even orginal, but figured I should see it though. Just one left to do.


Freya Crescent: Stoic Ex-knight of the mouse people searching for her missing fiancee.


Eiko Coral: Garnets pushy estranged cousin

10 comments:

Bobby Pontillas said...

Great char designs and super funny appealing cycles! The first one has a real fosters feel to it, which I love!

Goobeetsablog said...

pretty cool.
nice line-up

Chris Battle said...

I know absolutely nothing about HP (Other than all the movie posters and magazine covers), but that line-up is great. Lotta personality in all those kids.

Ha-- my wife's name is Eiko :)

Alina Chau said...

Brilliant!! Love your Dumbledore's army!!

Bez-oy-in said...

Hey Will! Nice work, I especially like Ron's design. Keep em coming.

elephantmarchblog said...

In retropsect, Ron's design looks a lot like Linguini (Ratatouille). Freckles, red curly hair, big nose and gangly. The one difference is I gave him tired, sulky eyes instead of Lin's bulging, nervous ones.

I thought the movies started getting his character right (around 4th and 5th), when they moved more from the skittish bumbler and more the insecure grump. He's sick of being "the comedy relief" of the trio.

Sean said...

Thanks again for the birthday card Will. Glad you came out for it. You're one of the few people here in Vancouver that knows the ups and downs of an adolescence spent in Kimberley.

Love the stuff on your blog dude. It always impresses, consistently and thoroughly.

Sloth said...

i love the DA post man, !

potato farm girl said...

Eiko and Freya were some of my favs from that game!! I was always jealous that Eiko had a moogle friend.

yums said...

Hahahahaha!!! :D