Monday, October 15, 2007

"The Obi Bandits"

Sorry about missing last week. Big news, I'm off to LA to learn traditional painting! Its a limitation that I've never been content with having, and decided learning how to use water and oil paints properly will help me in all other areas to some capacity. I won't deny to being quite nervous about setting out into the states on my own, even if it is only for three months (especially since a car is well out of my means after tuition and whatnot). Still, Joanna's going too, so I'll know somebody in the classes. Clio Chiang was nice enough to tell me where the safe places to live are, so I think I'll be fine...

Here's the latest version of the heros for the Geisha-robbery story, which has the new working title "The Obi Bandits" (copyright 2006, William Bradford). The new additions are their shrewd mistress (Mother), her pet boar (Tomi), and their good natured ex-sumo neighbor (Riku).

(Sigh) I hate how this one turned out, but it's something one here. I developed a soft spot for Slughorn; he's an example of a good Slytherin. Pompous, elitist, and plainly opportunistic, but not a bigot at least. And he comes through when it counts. I hear Jim Broadbent was casted for him in the movie. Assuming they fatten him with padding and give him a big enough

8 comments:

dintoons said...

fantastic stuff! love your characters, and the way you've posed them against each other!
great blog you have here, very inspiring indeed, thanx!! :o)

.:.Hz.:. said...

Great job! I love the style ^.^

Todd Harris said...

this is awesome, great post man.

Andrew Shek said...

nice new designs, I really like the goats in the last post...great work

kadianimate said...

yay! Sluggy! He reminds me of the Shriners who are always in the local canada day parade LOL.

Its the hat.

Honkbarn said...

Congrats on getting into the school William! I'm sure you'll shine.

K+L said...

Hey Will, give us some LA news ?! How is Burbank ? Did you get your Star Map ? Did you bump into Glen Keane at the Beach ?

tomm said...

really cool