Sunday, May 04, 2008

Geisha walk


A Geisha walk test. If I ever got to do the project, I don't think I'd want to do it in Flash, but I must admit it suited the very restrictive walk. I dabbled with other Geisha girls, but so far I can't determine a way to vary their walks; I can't help but think its one of those rare situations where giving a lineup of characters identical walks is most appropriate.



And heres the most heroic character in Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" book. A librarian in a magic library gets turned into an orangutan, but declined any well-meaning attempts to change him back.

I've been rejecting lots of watercolors, but I think it turned out well in this simple painting. It looks a lot better if you layers the seperate colors directly on the painting, rather the pre-mixing. And if you can get it with as few separate colors as possible, the chances of it getting too muddy. I did a more ambitious watercolor today, but didn't turn out so well.



Doing some drawn walks too, which aren't done yet, with my old EMH characters. Once I do them I thought I'd then do some interaction animation. Might as well while I wait for work to pick up

3 comments:

Alina Chau said...

Love the design style of your character, and great drawing!

Sean Covernton said...

Those sheep people are freaking sweet!

Bahne said...

It's very nice :D
The color is incredible "D