Monday, October 27, 2008

APE sketchbooks




Guess who just got another Digital camera. Lets hope I can hold on to this one for more then a bloody month. Anyway, Just got my sketchbooks put together for APE
http://www.comic-con.org/ape/
this upcoming weekend in San Fransisco; it'll be my first trip there.
Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy! I looked through this art book publishers site to compare prices, and I saw lots of books that looked like simple fold-in-halfs like mine for 8 to 5 dollars, so my plan is to sell mine for 4 dollars since I'm a rookie and I didn't get my booklets put together proffesionally, so there are more then a few imperfections. Thanks to the currency exchange I'll be able to make up the cost of making them if I sell most of them. Here's hoping. Of course this'll be my first time at a con, so I have no idea what to expect.... At any rate I'm going to try and squeeze the most out of the other days I'll be spending in San Fran. On week of sightseeing, frivilous spending and, hopefully, a bit of interesting stories for none of the relatives....


Hurray Studio B. They took everyone from a show I worked on there Go-Carting. Lotsa fun. I can see the appeal. Guess who's team came in last...



















Due to all the preparations, not much in the way of actual new art was produced. More's the pity. But I wanted to try this; see what'd happen if I just through out a quick sequence of crude story sketches, and see if I should make a habit of it. Anybody get it?

7 comments:

abhishek singh said...

i'm LUVIN ur stuff:)
more more MORE!!

macaronni said...

Haha the Chivalry one is great. I've been in those situations once.. Awkwaaaaaarrd..

Justin said...

hey nice stuff, Will! I'd love to get my hands on a copy of your sketchbook thingy!

elephantmarchblog said...

Thanks Justin. If I got some left over, perhaps I'll try to sell them online. I can make more if there's demand, I suppose.

Rick Capistrano said...

The situation in Chivalry is so true it hurts...some ppl just have too much pride to accept a stranger's generosity =/

Sean Covernton said...

Happy Hallowe'en!

Tim Dowling said...

cool sketch, as usual :o) - where can I get a copy of yer sketchbook? Trust me, the demand is there! ! !

cheers T