Sunday, December 14, 2008

X-mas gifts

Last week was spent on stuff for a character design audition, wish I could put the designs on.

Here's some paintings I did for a presents. This top one's for my brother. It's unlikely he'll be checking on here anytime soon, so hopefully it's safe to put on; yes, I'm potentially spoiling the surprise so I can have somthing on my blog...

My mother's always bugging me to do a "more realistic" painting for presents, so I thought this time I'd try and do something a bit more naturalistic and see what people thought. It's essentially the same as the photo it's based on, but with the mountains, clouds and the dog rearranged to change the composition...

And this was another present, for a stressed friend in the animation program. I took her name off from the top to avoid embarrassing her. It was meant to be "cool", I just hope it didn't come off as disturbing...

3 comments:

Steph.F. said...

Hello! I found your blog!
Awesome stuff on here, I spent a while going through all the posts. I'm super jealous of your SanFran trip, I really want to go there. Anyhow, yay, I'll keep checking back!
(end of useless post)

Ronald Theelen said...

I love the upper one! Had to look twice to see it was painted ;)
Happy holidays!

Mehdi Shiri said...

really awesome works