Sunday, January 11, 2009

Josephine Baker


I was lucky to have something to go to for new years eve; me and some friends went to a vintage burlesque show. Among all the other cools things there, there was this one girl who did a Josephine Baker tribute; which inspired me to research the famous actress. Now I totally a crush on her: "But She's dead" sounds the satirical crowd... I gotta do some animation with her and her infamous banana dance; despite the fact Triplets of Bellville already did it. She's just too cool an actress.





On that note, here's some other cycles I worked on along a bigger animation project that probably won't be presentable for a few weeks still. These are both rather short cycles; the little goat was easy since it was just a faster version of the main goat (the big billy goat gruff's gonna be more demanding). The troll to a while to sort out, I still think it might be too fast, yet I wanted a goofy but nonetheless aggressive run. The fact that a lot of his features are concealed by his bushy body sounds like a blessing, but you then simply struggle to make sure one can figure out what he's doing. I dunno, maybe I didn't pull it off....

9 comments:

Lillian said...

How are you?
I'm fine, thanks.
I like goats and sexy ladies, both of which are in this post. Fun stuff!

dancing platypuss said...

hey man i think up pretty good!! didn´t liked much bolt , but your drawing is soo cool

dancing platypuss said...

oh i forgot .. and the bremen musicion picture u have in your profile is just great .. did u do that too?

elephantmarchblog said...

Yeah, I done that.

MutantKitten said...

Haha, thanks dood ;)

I dig the girly drawings. Sounds like you had a fun New Years Eve :)

Gilberto Valadares said...

great works here... :)))

justdoodleit said...

awesome sketches of the dancing girl. your color version is cuter & better than 'Triplettes de Belleville' sepia tone.

Would look grand when animated :)

Meg Shaw said...

great banana dance sketches! I love her too.

mayhem said...

Great poses mate.