Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rough dance

Next project; roughed it out in flash first. Josephine Baker dance, but the steps I studied were referenced by very talented contemporary burlesque performer who does a tribute to her, Perle Noire. There were so many moves that looked fun to animate I had a heck of a time just taking it down to ten-seconds worth.



Dividing the work area into thirds definitely helps keep track of things. I just hope the timing works this well once it's been tightened. Would've loved to try doing this one in 3D, but then I'd have to get help with rigging and modeling and it probably wouldn't make into the internship on time; I'll save 3D for a project where I won't mind just using the generic rigs.

3 comments:

L.E. said...

wow!real nice movement!love it!

[M] said...

Wow!!! thank you so much William, it's an honour...

Lovely animations, I'd like to visit you in future :)

Richard Gaines said...

Wow! Your animations are amazing! You really inspire me to get back on the ball!! Also, I love your character designs!