Monday, June 08, 2009

When Pigs Fly

Another extrememly vague idea, but one i wanted narrated by a barbershop quartet of flying pigs. I had almost finished this one version of them last Sunday (the smaller one below), as you can see I got sick the designs before I finished refining it, and decided to try some flatter, more UPA designs, as my attempts to improve my animation draftsmanship had prevented me from trying anything like that in a while.




After coming out of UP for the second time (had to see it twice before I could make a solid opinion), I came across a lumpy border collie while waiting for the bus that I swear was the spitting image of Dug.
After seeing the movie with and without the digital 3D effect, I'd have to say it was the most tasteful use of the gimic I've seen; They used it selectively and tended to make this push into the screen rather then come out towards you, which i find much less jarring. Still, I'd probably just as soon forgo the 3D and save the extra three or four bucks.
One other difference between the two ways to see the movie is Trailers. If you wanna see the Princess and the Frog Trailer on the big screen, see UP without the digital 3D...

No comments: