Monday, January 25, 2010

The Lip Gloss Gang


Supporting characters in the Bubble Hub. I needed neighborhood bullies, but I decided right away they needed to be girls; it's definitely not as funny if the your leads are girls and their always been physically threatened by boys, and it's DEFINITELY funny if the lead boys are being terrorized by girls. The "Lip Gloss Gang" are kind of a combination of some coworkers, tomboys, emos, gritty cousins and school bullies I've known (that's right, I've been picked on by girls before... sigh). They are an unstoppable force of nature that everyone in downtown fears: even the biker gangs turn of their engines in their presense. Careful, they'll take your money and give you a gaudy makeover...


This is a character simply named "Grump" I designed for my current 2D excercise. Yes, he's a bit formulaic, but I wanted somthing SUPER easy to animate for this time around, since I've gotta get my confidence back after not animating in this medium for a while....

2 comments:

aintshakespeare said...

These girls are terrifying. And Awesome.

Mike said...

hi where cani find your contact info?