Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How To Move An Elephant


And idea for a short cartoon. I'm planning to apply for a highly untested fourth year at Cap, where you come in with a (very) short film storyboard, and basically use all the classes and resources of the program to make it in. Trick is finding a short cartoon idea short enough and simple enough that one can do impressive animation within the deadline for a demo reel, yet still stands as a finished "story" so it stands out and also has festival potential.

Inspired from an old picture book from my childhood, I thought of the idea of a roman soldier just trying to get an elephant up a hill. I picture just a very simple looney-toon's esque gag sequence. Which would be good, but after seeing some of the amazing and highly inventive shorts coming from Calart students, I feel it might be a bit too familiar.

AHHHHH, to attend Calarts. Perhaps someday I MIGHT be confident enough to take out a major loan and possible find a way to transfer in ONE YEAR of it.... sigh...

6 comments:

Sam said...

Go for it Will!

May Chow said...

ha... this is awesome :)

rungloriarun said...

SCARY BEAR.

Francis Bezooyen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francis Bezooyen said...

Ha! I love it! I want to do that story now. I can totally picture it. Great design there Will. Good luck with it.

Colin Jack said...

great drawing