Monday, June 21, 2010

Mallet Maid designs


Again, lots of projects that will take longer to finish, or need voices recorded before worth posting, so this is what I got for this week.

Just wanted to see how these characters could look as rendered CG characters.... with only a small idea of how to model them, heh...








Well, I had my doubts, and it wasn't without its flaws (More rhetorical dialogue then I'm use to at Pixar), Toy Story 3 more then lived up to the trilogy. Easily their most intense climax in any other their films.

I wanted to sketch the strongest character in the film, without giving anything away: I'm sure most people figured out his role, but possibly not to the extent that they took him.




Oh, and Teddy Newtons cartoon "Day and Night", in my opinion, probably did more to push the medium and entertainment value of hand drawn animation in six minutes then Disney did with it in ninety...

1 comment:

Derek Edwards said...

You do fantastic work. Very cool!