Monday, September 27, 2010

"I'm a Gnu"



Yet ANOTHER idea for a short film (lots I still have on paper needing to be graphited over).

The idea was to animated to an old Swann and Flanders song "The Gnu song"... Decided to make the characters SUPER simple for rigging's sake: the Gnu's design what based a bit on shaun the sheep from Aardman.






This was the mascot of a friends aspiring rock band, that she wanted me to draw up for a t-shirt print (she's mailing me one). She always did stop motion horror flicks with an ancient teddy with a sneer that she carries everywhere, so I suggested using him as the name for her band.

4 comments:

Katy Hargrove said...

:) I want to know more about the gnu. Also, I love seeing development sketches! Thank you.

Will Finn said...

"The gnicest work of gnature in the zoo"...

Glad to know I am not the only person under 101 who enjoys Mr. Michael F and Mr. Donald S... Nice realization of their work... Maybe the Hippotamus is next?

I can't remember how i found your link (at least a year ago or so) but I really enjoy your art. Thanks for visiting my room as well.

Carry on...!

elephantmarchblog said...

Thanks Mr. Finn, I deeply admire your confidence and skill in you posing and design: and will no doubt start stealing from you shamelessly :)

I thought the Gnu song would be good fodder for a demo real piece. Like most classics, I'd never know them were it not for the educational value of the muppets...

miran said...

Sounds like yet another good idea! Keep it going and can't wait to see it once it's all done!